Saturday, March 15, 2008

Here we go!

To give you some quick background, I'm a 23 year old University graduate with a degree in Business marketing and operations. I graduated in the Spring 2007 from the University of Delaware and have spent the last 7 months living in Japan instructing and performing with one of the country's elite drum lines.

This is my first attempt at a business venture. I have experience working in the field but have never undertaken anything like this. I will use this site to share my progress, my highs, my lows, and everything in between in taking this idea and turning it into something great and successful. If it fails, then it fails. If it succeeds, then GREAT! And congratulations for being there every step of the way ;-)

I hope for a diverse following of readers - people who have done it and succeeded, people who have tried but failed, and others who want to undertake something like this on their own. Feel free to learn from all the mistakes I'm bound to make. For those who have done it, advice is always welcome.

So....what's my big idea? Well, because I'm in such early stages of this process, I don't feel comfortable sharing that yet. The life of this blog would be pretty short if someone strolled along and took my idea! There's so much to do to get this off the ground that the actual concept is only a small part of the puzzle.

So here we go.

Right now, I'm sitting in the basement of a house in Nagoya, Japan...

...and I have an idea.

No comments: